Pages

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (WoW) #6

Eve and Adam by Michael Grant & Katherine Applegate.
This is my 6th Waiting on Wednesday (WoW), 
therefore my #WoW may not correlate with the linked post.


This meme is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the spine.


  • Hardcover: 304 pages
  • Publisher: Feiwel & Friends (2 Oct 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0312583516
  • ISBN-13: 978-0312583514

Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, EmmaRose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick. That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible. 

While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything... until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I really like the sound of this book and hgave since i heard about it at BEA 2012.  The whole sci-fi dystopian has me hooked and with the hint of some wrong doing with genetics maybe. Yep sounds like an intense read!!  Don't get me started on the cover!! I LOVE IT!  An apple for 'Adam and Eve', looks like could be a bite out of it (original lol), with the jigsaw pieces as though putting together the story or as creating men? The lightening bolt, the look like the apple is metal and shiny, the odd font with the wrong way round letters BUT look at the shadow..they are the wrong way for how the words are 'written', wow, creative! lol.  Just wow. Did i say i love the cover?!?!  I really hope the story lives up to my high expectations of it! I desperately wanted it for review but didn't get granted with it :(

9 comments:

  1. I want this book now! Eve and Adam sounds my cup of tea~ cannot wait for it! plus the cover is A+ definitely buying this book. Looks good on the shelf :P

    My WoW picks

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, cannot wait to buy it!!! :) I a bit obsessed with covers hehe x I will watch for your review x

      Delete
  2. This looks fantastic, and both authors are great! I'm sure it's going to brilliant!

    Check out what I'm Waiting On.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep i totally agree, i think it is going to be really popular :)

      Delete
  3. Even and Adam definitely sounds intriguing. I've had my eye on this book too!

    Jordon @ Miss Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I'm definitely going to have to read this. It looks incredible. Great pick! Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Check out my giveaway for any book under $15

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2210

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been on my wishlist since I first heard about it, great choice!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing a lot about this one lately! I definitely plan on checking it out!

    Here's the link to my wow!

    http://www.wholly-books.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your comment, all comments are really appreciated and I will reply :) xx