Pages

Sunday 8 July 2012

Another read-a-thon????

Yes another one, I have ummed and arred about this for weeks, and i am going to take the plunge.  I do have stuff on this week including an hospital appt in tuesday which will take all morning but i really want to join in. I recently did the 'Boutofbooks 4.0' read-a-thon and loved it, met great people and i won the grand prize!!! hehe. That has just reminded me, i need to do a post about what i won has i have very recently received it :) I have SO many blog posts to do, including some reviews but i still want to join this read-a-thon, i hope people can be patient with me.

so this read-a-thon is......

This Readathon is hosted by Angela at Reading Angel, Candace at Candace’s Book Blog and Lori at Pure Imagination. It runs from 12:01 am on July 9th to 11:59 on July 11th.  So only 3 days instead of 7 like the last read-a-thon, shorter is better in some respects but if you want to read a lot of books, you haven't got much time to  'waste' or use distractions such as twitter and blogger.  I am going to have to do some crazy blogging before midnight tonight to keep upto date or should i say...sod it and not stress till after wednesday?? ummm decisions.

Some information about the read-a-thon, this is from Lori's blog post.

What is a Readathon?

A Readathon is where you set a goal for yourself to read more books that is beyond your average number of books you read. There is no minimum, it’s all up to you, and you can read any book that suits your fancy! Push yourself to get some of those books read that have been sitting on your shelves for awhile!

What you do:

To participate in the Once Upon a Readathon enter your name into the linky. Then, from 12:01 am on July 9th to 11:59 pm on July 11th you read, read, and read some more! Make sure you do at least one update post (if you don’t have a blog you may do this on facebook and/or twitter) and participate in at least one challenge. Be sure to grab the button for your sidebar too! (Grab it on the sidebar!)

What you get:

Angela, Candace, and Lori will be giving away a $60 Amazon giftcard (or TBD if you’re international). The winner will be picked at random from the participants list. We will also be having a couple of mini challenges each day and there will be some sort of giveaway with those. To win anything you must participate in the read-a-thon. You must post at least one update on your blog (or Facebook or Goodreads if you don’t have a blog) and you must complete at least one mini challenge.
If you are up for it- add your info to the linky so we can visit you during the readathon!
The linky is the same on all of the blogs, so you only have to fill it out once! 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I managed 4 books in the 7 days read-a-thon and during this i would LOVE to say 3.  I know people are saying 5 etc for this 3 day one but i know with my circumstances that i will only manage 2-3 books.  Therefore my goal is 2 books!  Poor i know sorry :(

I plan to read-
* One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf (I have started this but only about 20pgs in)

'IF' and that's a big IF i get to a 3rd book it will be;

So who is planning on doing this read-a-thon?  What are you planning on reading? xx
Enjoy it and happy reading :) xx


4 comments:

  1. I'm actually taking part in this read-a-thon and I'm supper excited! Though it is 10:30pm and I have only just found out about it. hmmm. Fingers crossed I do well though. I'm so glad that someone I know is doing it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy you were too and then you disappeared from the world lol, no twitter, no blogging, nothing. I've just posted on your blog :) x Also let you know about some other readthons incase you didn't know about them- i'm doing them, would love it if you were too :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm participating! Though I haven't done much reading yet, only a little over a hundred pages, because I've been so busy with running errands and checking out all of the other blogs that are participating. Such fun!

    I'm hoping to finish at least three, maybe four books though I have more listed on my own kick-off post. Guess we'll see.

    Good luck meeting your goals for the read-a-thon and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just gonna check your blog and see how you did and see if you met your goals, how did you find it? Did you enjoy it?
      I know what you mean, sometimes life gets in the way hehe, but distractions always easily take me away from reading during a readathon. I think during a short readathon like that, there is no time for checking twitter and chatting on there or looking at other people's blogs etc. I find i play catch up after- hence now (when i'm doing another readathon lol!)

      There are 2 week long readathons in august, are you doing them? x

      Delete

Many thanks for your comment, all comments are really appreciated and I will reply :) xx