Pages

Monday 21 May 2012

READ-A-THON WRAP-UP boutofbooks

Well it's over :( the read-a-thon has finished after 7 days and it flew by, it really did.  This was my 1st read-a-thon and i loved it.  This is the link for my goals and also on that is an overview of everyday during the week.  Each day i did a full update and posted them as individual blog posts (apart from 1 post when i did 2 days in one as i got behind due to ill health).

So my goal was to read 4 books and these were;
*The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
*The Good Father
*Saving June
*Putting Alice Back Together.

The 1st book was mine to read and the other 3 were review books i needed to finish and review via netgalley.

I MET MY GOALS OF THE 4 BOOKS.

Yep, i managed to read all 4 this week (1028 pages).  It was a challenge!! There was no way i could read more than this, i have too much going off in 'life' to read more.  If i didn't i think i could challenge myself to 8.  All the books i read were just amazing and i just loved each one.  I am yet to do review posts on each book BUT i will do it.......i have sticky notes and scribbles of notes all over the room so that i have my thoughts there and can put them together into the review, so watch out :) I am soooo happy about accomplishing this and so proud of myself :) 

BOUTOFBOOKS CHALLENGES- There were some fantastic challenges, ones that made you really think but were interesting and fun!! I only entered a few at the start of the week and then unfortunately i was too busy to complete the ones later on.  I was really disappointed because they seemed such great challenges to do.. This is a target goal for my next read-a-thon, to do all the challenges if they are international.

TWITTER- I did go on twitter quite a bit and learnt about tweetdeck (which i have now lol) and learnt some new tips with it lol (i'm a novice).  I chatted to some lovely people on there- especially Ellie and Jen who always posted to me on my blog and chatted on twitter and backed me up ;) (Ellie lol).  Anyways, the twitter chats-i managed to say hi and a couple of posts in 1 that was at 2am our time...i was too tired to continue though.  Then unfortunately i couldn't make the other 2, i planned to attend Sundays, however, i was reading that final book and couldn't stop.  Again, a target for next time is to participate in at least 1 twitter chat and to tweet a little bit more than i did.  I did good for a novice though lol.

Blogs- I read some blog posts, comments on a few but added loads to my favourites tab and also joined them on google reader (this is all new to me-normally i just use my favourites tab lol)  I just didn't have time to do all i wanted with reading blogs, commenting etc.  However, i have time now and i will do this and check out the blogs and do some commenting.  I just feel a bit guilty that i didn't get the chance to read people's updates as they were going- it was only what ppl said on twitter that i knew some people's progress.  My own blog i have explained. I definitely want to improve my blog, to re-arrange it and do some regular fun posts etc, but for now, i have all the reviews to do.

Overall, i can't believe how much i feel i have got from this read-a-thon and thank you so much to the women who hosted it, who took their time to put it together, to twitter etc and cause themselves mental and physical exhaustion- not forgetting they were also reading books and have 'life' commitments etc.  I will be participating in the next 1 which i believe is in August (bout of books 5.0). I am so excited!! I am not sure my goals in view of books but from reflecting on this week, i have some non-book goals *happy smile* , it will be the summer holidays from school so i have my kids home so i don't think i will go for 4 books.

********Well done everyone, thanks for making my feel welcome and thanks for the support and encouragement.**************
I hope this wrap-up is enough x

22 comments:

  1. Wow, it's been a big journey for you! Starting out with blogs and Twitter is a bit... incomprehensible... at the beginning, so I guess this read-a-thon has well and truly thrown you in at the deep end, haha!

    I'm really looking forward to Bout of Books 5.0, and if it does go ahead in early August there's a tiny, miraculous chance that it will fall on the week where we have THREE DAYS OFF! There's a big show here in our town so we close the shop for two extra days because everyone's either across at the event or staying the hell away from the roads around here. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! :D

    P.S. You're welcome... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, thrown in at the deep end but you either sink or swim and i wanted to swim lol. I was rewarded though, not just with a sense of achievement but i've won the grand prize lol. It was hard going but no way would i say more than 4 books in a read-thon for me lol.

      Lets hope the read-a-thon falls on a week when you have those days off, there will be no stopping you then hehe. We will just have to ban you from twitter so you don't get distracted =p x

      Delete
  2. Congrat on your book reading. Hope to see stop by and visit for the next event.
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com/p/bout-of-books-read-thon.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you had a lot of fun! It's my first ever readathon as well! I can't wait for the one in August. this was so much fun!

    Bout of Books Wrap-up
    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I did, i loved it, thanks for stopping by. Sounds like you have enjoyed your first read-a-thon too, roll on august i say :) xx

      Delete
  4. Woohoo for the first read-a-thon and completed goals. I am so proud of you. With real life and your ill health, you still made it. Well done! Hope you are feeling better now. Being sick is no fun. I'm glad you had a great time and love the books you read. All of those are on my to-read list. I will definitely be checking out all your reviews.

    Assuming I will be able to do the August Read-a-thon, I will surely be looking out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you :) that's really sweet of you to say x I'm really proud of myself too. My health is not something that improves, it just fluctuates :( But i love reading and i'm really enjoying blogging and tweeting but it does take a lot out of me somedays to keep up. But i feel like i need to be always promoting my blog to get more attention to it.

      My reviews are slowly being added, they were all great books, i'm sure you would love them :)

      I will see you for the next read-a-thon in August hopefully :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. Another success! Glad you had a great Bout-of-Books week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, oh i did and topped off by winning the grand prize hehe x

      Delete
  6. I managed 4 books as well,which is pretty good for me. Next time I will probably stick to that number again, its a decent amount of books to read in a single week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 books is the perfect amount i think. It is not too few but not unachievable either. I don't believe i will set more than 4 books at the next read-a-thon. :)

      Delete
  7. Your blog has a lot of potential! And great reading during BoB! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) it's taking some getting used to since i'm fairly new to blogging too x I'm trying to promote my blog more- hardwork though hehe x

      Delete
  8. Awesome bunch of books you read. Loved Saving June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, i agree lol, and read my review of Saving June, i sound like a crazy woman cos i loved it that much x

      Delete
  9. That's so exciting - and they have Good Father on NetGalley - whhaa?? I need to go back and look again! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did yes, but they early archived it within 2days and i haven't had chance to download it, so i complained to Diane Chamberlain lol and also to the publishers, same day it was open again. I'm not sure if it is still on netgalley. It is definitely worth a read regardless x thanks

      Delete
  10. HI! I am fairly new to all of this stuff as well. There is just so much to learn and I am way behind. If you need anything at all, feel free to give me a holler. My email is on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i will check out your blog when i get a chance- i am working through a to-do-list at the moment. I agree there is soo much to learn and i am also well behind with everything. xx

      Delete
  11. Glad you met your goal and I'm also pretty new. Well I've had my blog up for a while but only in the last few months I've really pushed myself at it.

    Here is my progress post.
    Lauren at Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already followed you on your blog :) Thank you. I agree with the having to push yourself, it's really hardwork and with how my health is at the moment, it makes it really difficult. We'll get there, your blog looks amazing :) xx

      Delete

Many thanks for your comment, all comments are really appreciated and I will reply :) xx