Pages

Thursday 17 May 2012

Read-a-thon, Day 3 update.

Today i wanted to make up for yesterday and i had set a target in mind of 200pages.  Also i was determined that i was going to finish book 2 'The Good Father' by Diane Chamberlain.  I managed to do quite a bit of reading and i am sure that the word count per page must be a lot more than some books.  I did some block reading when i got long periods of time to read and then i did loads of snippets reading.  This book was on the laptop as an e-book because it is a book for review, so i left it open all day.

I managed to read 186pages (close enough to target for me) and that was the end of the book. I completed it. Woohoo :) I was sad it had finished in a way because i LOVED it. I LOVE Diane Chamberlain's books, her writing is just beautiful.  I will do a full review on my blog after the read-a-thon.  I have a pile of reviews to do and tons of sticky notes everywhere to write them lol.  I finished the book at 9.20pm and i thought rather than start book 3, i would watch youtube videos, go on twitter, chat, check out blogs, do some blogging, good reads etc.  It's now gone 2am and time has flown by but i am wide awake, not good but i do not feel i have done everything that i needed too.


BOOK READ: The Good Father :)
BOOKS COMPLETED: The Statistical.....(see above i hate typing it out lol) and The Good Father.
PAGES READ TOTAL TODAY: 186 pages.
PAGES TOTAL: 504 in 3 days...that's rubbish when people have read 600 in a day lol. But i have decided to just enjoy my reading because i will never ever achieve that, it's not a competition and i shouldn't compare myself to others.

Target for tomorrow ..... is 150 pages, i can hope. I am going to be so tired and it's a busy day with the kids.  If i manage 100 i will be happy. I am free on friday afternoon hopefully so i can get through some extra then. :)

4 comments:

  1. You're doing great! As long as you're enjoying yourself, you're doing it right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like you're really doing great! I didn't think to have a page goal, sounds so much easier to keep track of! Will have to remember that for next time, thanks!
    Enjoy your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're doing great! I think the people hitting 600 pages a day or more must be either super-fast readers or have no work, school or children getting in the way. I managed to squeeze in a fair amount of reading before, during and after work yesterday and still only slid in at 95 pages - but I enjoyed every one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about what others are reading, everyone has their own pace and times for reading, just keep having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your comment, all comments are really appreciated and I will reply :) xx