Wow! I am completely over the moon to have received my first blog award - the Liebster Blog Award! Infact i won two of them in the same week. I am very thankful to the lovely bloggers, 'Einstein' @ 'Think Books' and Kimberly @ 'Love Ya Books'. I was nominated on their blogs- check them out, they are fantastic!
And for those of you wondering, the Liebster Blog Award is an award given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less. The word 'liebster' is German in origin and is a term on endearment and means beloved, dearest, sweet, kindest etc. I feel so honored to be thought of that way, I feel that way about everyone who follows my blog or who comments.
So, here's the rules:
1) Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves
2) Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you, and give 11 questions for the people you have tagged
3) Choose 11 people and link them in your post
4) Tell them you've tagged them
5) Remember, no tag back
Here are my 11 random facts;
1. I am 27 (28 in October) and live in England.
2. I am a mum of 2 kiddies, James-8 and Amelia-4.
3. I am engaged to be married, we have not set a date yet.
4. I am a qualifed midwife.
5. I have a variety of health problems meaning that i am on large doses of slow release moprhine twice daily and i have lignocaine infusions frequently.
6. My favourite subjects at school; science, maths and art.
7. I am a vegetarian
8. I get obsessed with conspiracy theories!
9. I am a shopaholic!
10. I have phobia of oranges!!! and banana skins (i cannot peel a banana lol).
11. I would do anything to help people. I treat people how i like to be treated.
My answer to the questions ( i have answered both sets of questions from the two bloggers who have awarded me the blog).
*****Here are the one's from Kimberly
1) Who are your three favorite authors? JK Rowling, Diane Chamberlain and Cecilia Ahern. Only 3 that was tough because i have a lot more!
2) What are your three favorite books (links please)? Harry Potter bks! 'A Midwife's Confession' by Diane Chamberlain and 'The Book of Tomorrow' by Celicia Ahern. Arghhh that was difficult!
3) What are your three favorite book series (links please)? Only 3 again, argh lol. Ummm I already said Harry Potter above, so, Twilight, Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella and Hourglass Trilogy (1st two books are out) by Myra McEntire.
4) Who are your five most "swoon-worthy" characters? Edward from Twilight, Jake from Saving June, Travis from 'The GoodFather', Kaleb from 'Hourglass trilogy,but more so Timepiece) and Oliver from The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.
5) If you could make a soundtrack to your favorite novel or series, what songs would you put on it?
A variety, so there would be some slow lovey dovey ones, some fun upbeat ones, some rock ones and some eerie ones hehe.
6) Say you could visit any fictional world for one week. Which would you choose and why?
Harry Potter's wizarding world, because i love Harry Potter and i just think it would be amazing to not be in reality for a while hehe.
7) Which character do you think you could be best friends with, and why? Becky Bloomwood from the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. I just relate to this character so much and both shopaholic's, how fab! but both having to be 'good' with money. We could work together to achieve this and the humour that Becky has would be fun to be around.
8) What were five books you loved most during your childhood (links please)? 5? it was only 3 for my favourites now lol. Doubt i will get 5 here but from what i can remember; The babysitter's club books (there is hundreds!), Chicken Licken, The ugly duckling, the hungry caterpillar.
9) Why do you read? I just love it, it occupies my mind, takes me away from reality and makes me smile- or tear up :)
10) Why did you decide to start blogging? Initially, to keep a record of books that i have read and the thoughts that i had.
11) What blog post are you most proud of (link please)? This one because it has taken a lot of putting together, and these questions are hard-going, it has taken a lot out of me! oh and this post here because again putting it together took so much from me,lol, it was all to do with the images, argh!! check it out lol.
****and here's the one's from 'Einstein'
1. What is your opinion of my blog content/design? I love it hence i'm a subbie, easy on the eyes, not too complicated, good size font!, informative and interesting posts! 2. Who do you relate to most, Daphne or Velma? Why? Haha, love this question! Velma for the brains! but Daphne for the hair colour (kinda) lol.3. How much time do you spend blogging vs. blog networking? I probably spend more time blogging! but i do try and do as much networking as possible. The problem is that when i'm networking i don't feel like i have done much when i'm doing it,lol.4. Mac or PC? Why? PC but that is because i have never being on a mac.5. Einstein Vs. The Beatles: Who had the biggest impact on history? Very different influences and impacts and therefore really difficult to compare but because i'm a brainy geek (or that is how some people thought of me at school!) I would say Einstein!!6. What is the best name you have ever given a pet? Squeak! my guinea pig at age 15 and that was because he squeaked lol. Oh and with the kids, we called our fish.....Spongebob and Patrick,lol.7. What do you consider your highest achievements in life? Obviously my children!! The next would be my degree in midwifery :)8. Care Bears or Ewoks? Care bears because i love everything cute! I loved these as a kid9. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake? Neither lol.10. Who is your favorite musical artist/band? I seriously can never answer this question because i have such a wide variety of likes in music and i have too many favourites. Right now i am loving Lana Del Rey and Emelie Sande.11. What are your thoughts on the world ending on December 21st, 2012? A load of rubbish! Best not cos i LOVE CHRISTMAS lol x
NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT BIT~
Here's the lovely award to display on your blog;
and the people i award, in no particular order are;
1. Jenna @ Little Bird Reads.
2. Nea @ The Life is a Fairytale That will Never End.
3. Kaye @ Kaye Makes, Bakes, Creates.
4. Lauren @ Northern Plunder.
5. Theta @ Resolution Corner.
6. Kelsey @ Kelsey's Cluttered Bookshelf.
7. Hannah @ The Girl in a Cafe.
8. Liz @ Five Go Glamping
9. Karen @ Attack the Stacks
10. Megan @ Books and Teacups
11. Becky @ A Reader's Devotion.
The questions for the above people to answer;
1. What is your star-sign?
2. Do you believe in the afterlife and spirits/ghosts etc? If so, do you have any experiences you would like to share?
3. Do you have any tattoo's? Would you say what of and where?
4. Can you drive? If so, what car do you have?
5. What is your favourite month of the year?
6. Do you like burning scented candle? If so, what is your favourite scents?
7. Are you right or left- handed?
8. Do you have any phobias? wish to share them if so?
9. What is your favourite alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks?
10. What was your favourite cartoon as a child?
11. If you were to change your name, what would you change it too?
Please comment to this post with your link if you do a post in answer to this :) thank you x
No-one needs to participate if they do not want too :)